Home > General > An organization’s leader

An organization’s leader

I chose the word “organization” very carefully. I did not say pod or company because this goes beyond the scope of the workplace. An organization is a group of people that share a purpose.

In 2013, I met a man that completely changed the way I think about leaders. This man was friendly, but intimidating at the same time. His directions were stern, but everyone followed them without question.

This man led a group of people who were very good at what they did. They participated in an activity that required a lot of teamwork. Each person in this group were already considered extremely strong individuals, but teamwork was the deciding factor for the success of the group.

The way this group operated was much different than anything I’ve experienced and it’s hard to describe how well it worked. The first time I participated, I was completely overwhelmed by how well everything worked while under pressure, just by the singular action of following the leader’s direction. Everyone had immense respect for the leader because he was on the front line along with everyone else. This group moved through obstacles like a rolling ball, everyone stayed close and moved as a single cohesive unit. This was the opposite of divide and conquer. Individual skill contributed to keeping the group as tight as possible, but following the leader’s direction was key.

Does that sound like your cookie cutter leadership article? It probably does. So why was this leader so different than everyone else? His charisma, willingness to stand on the front lines, and long history of success made me trust him completely. I wasn’t close friends with this man. In fact, I rarely spoke to him. In addition to that, the exclusivity of this group allowed me to surround myself with people who were extremely talented.

There’s not really a purpose or message in this blog post. This is just something I needed to get off my chest. I miss being part of a team that was led by that man. Will I ever find a group that operated as well as they did in the professional world? I have my doubts. Granted what we were doing was much different than programming. With all of today’s politics and bureaucratic bullshit, it really shows how inefficient things can get.

1. April 28, 2015 at 12:10 pm

I believe that should you decide look you can find a
    voucher code or maybe something to do that shop.

2. May 5, 2015 at 4:13 am

Different plan instances is a great technique
    to keep all of your current parts sorted.

3. May 18, 2015 at 2:25 am

Readers found which the inflatable ring in our companies beach never ever
    lived inflated. It had been bad.

4. May 31, 2015 at 11:52 am

This site truly has all the information and facts I wanted about
    this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

5. July 4, 2015 at 3:19 am

Ι ƅelieve eѵerything wrote made a tօn oof sense. Βut, what
    aƄout thiѕ? suppose ƴou аdded a little informаtion? I mеan, I don’t want to tеll you Һow to run yοur website, Һowever wɦat
    іf youu aɗded а posst title tҺаt makes people desire mօгe?

I mеan An organizations leader | Malvin Ly іs kinda boring.

Үoս ϲould looƙ at Yahoo’s front pаgе and see how tҺey crezte
    post headlines tօ grab viewers interestеd. You might
    add ɑ video or a гelated picture օr twߋ
    to get peopple inteгested about ѡhat yoս’νе wгitten. Јust my opinion, it might brig your website а littlе biit more intеresting.

6. August 17, 2015 at 5:48 am

Hi friends, its enormous paragraph regarding teachingand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.

1. No trackbacks yet.